The Official Journal of the ISAE
Applied Animal Behaviour Science, published by Elsevier, is the official journal of the ISAE. Only members of ISAE are eligible to receive a personal subscription to Applied Animal Behaviour Science. Please note: ISAE members have 20% discount on the Gold Open Access article processing charge (APC)!
Click below to learn more about the journal and how to subscribe.
About the journal
Applied Animal Behaviour Science is ranked in the Agriculture, Dairy and Animal Sciences ISI category (Journal Citation Reports published by Thomson Scientific).
Please visit the publisher (Elsevier) for details about the latest Impact Factor and to download the Instructions for Authors.
The journal publishes information relevant to the behaviour of domesticated and human-utilized animals.
Topics covered include:
- Behaviour of farm, zoo, and laboratory animals in relation to animal management and welfare
- Behaviour of companion animals, for example, in relation to the training of dogs for different purposes or in relation to behavioural problems
- Studies of the behaviour of wild animals when these studies are relevant from an applied perspective, for example in relation to wildlife management, pest management, or nature conservation
- Methodological studies within relevant fields
The principal subjects are farm, companion and laboratory animals. The journal also deals with the following animal subjects:
- Those involved in any farming system, e.g., deer, rabbits, and fur-bearing animals
- Those in any form of confinement, e.g., zoos, safari parks, and other forms of display
- Feral animals and any animal species which impinge on farming operations, e.g., as causes of loss or damage
- Species used for hunting, recreation, etc. may also be considered as acceptable subjects in some instances
- Laboratory animals if the material relates to their behavioural requirements
How to subscribe
Only members of ISAE are eligible to receive a personal subscription to Applied Animal Behaviour Science.
You can choose between a print-plus-e subscription for £106 (GBP) per year (as of 31 May 2016), or an e-only subscription for £44.40 (GBP) per year (as of 31 May 2016). E-access will allow you to see all full-text content from 1995 onwards, all Articles-in-Press, and all titles and abstracts before 1995. This is an exceptional offer. The only other way to receive the journal is via an institutional subscription.
Note that annual subscriptions to Applied Animal Behaviour Science run concurrently with the ISAE membership cycle (June-May). E-subscriptions mid-cycle are valid only until the next membership renewal date. Members purchasing print subscriptions mid-cycle may request back-issues from earlier in the same membership year.
For further details, please contact the (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Receive table-of-contents alerts
To view Tables of Contents and Abstracts published in Applied Animal Behaviour Science, access the journal via its page on Science Direct.
If you would like to start receiving alerts for new issues of the journal, please check "Alert me about new Journal Issues" in the top right hand corner of that page. You can cancel this e-alert at any time. You can also request Tables of Contents for other Elsevier journals to be e-mailed to you and/or occasionally receive related information.
The Editorials in AABS will now be made permanently freely accessible and will occur every month. These will also include practical information for authors and reviewers, e.g. updated guidelines, statistics and courses to improve writing/reviewing.