Virtual UFAW Animal Welfare Conference
29th Jun 2021 - 30th Jun 2021
The field of animal welfare is a cross-disciplinary area of study that seeks to offer guidance and find solutions to the challenges raised by our caring for and interactions with both kept and wild animals. As part of UFAW’s on-going commitment to improving animal welfare through increased scientific understanding of animals’ needs and how these can be met, and following the success of our 2020 virtual conference, our 2021 conference – ‘Recent advances in animal welfare science VIII’ will also be a free to attend online event, held on 29-30th June 2021.
Call for abstracts
Abstract submissions are welcome in any area of animal welfare science, to be presented in one the following formats:
· Talk (15 minutes plus 10 minutes questions)
· Short (bitesize) talk (3 minutes plus 2 minutes questions)
Submissions should feature the title of the proposed contribution, the preferred format, the name and contact details of all contributors and an abstract. The abstract must be in English and should be no longer than 400 words. A judging panel will assess the scientific and animal welfare merits of each submission and, if accepted, may ask you to present in a different format than the one indicated.
The deadline for submission of abstracts is Monday 18th January 2021.
Please send a copy of the abstract by email to Stephen Wickens @ email@example.com
· Deadline for submission of abstracts proposal – 18th January 2021
· Notification of decision of judging panel on submitted abstracts – by 8th March 2021
· Deadline to accept offer to contribute to the conference – 12th April 2021
· Deadline for receipt of amendments to accepted abstracts – 31st May 2021
|Back to Listing||Previous||Next|