Research Scientist - Applied Animal Behavior and Welfare
Workplace: Ideally European location but other locations considered dependent on candidate.
The sucessful candidate will be recognised as an expert within the company and will be a hands-on thought leader in developing, applying and communicating current and emerging science on enhancing animal behavior and welfare across the PIC technical program. They will also need to support customer communication and interaction in a manner that maximises lifetime customer value and realise our product differentiation. The role requires in-depth expertise in own discipline and significant knowledge of the integration of other disciplines within own function.
Core Duties and Responsibilities
· Anticipate internal and or external business challenges; recommends process, product or service improvements
· Solve unique and complex problems that have a broad impact on the business
· Communicate complex ideas and influences others, often at senior levels, to adopt a different point of view
· Contribute to the development of functional strategy
· Develop work plans and coordinate activities aligned with PIC’s focus on applied animal behavior and well-being which includes managing multiple relationships, project management and field work with producers and researchers. Leads project teams to achieve milestones and objectives
· Build and maintain a comprehensive global network of experts within the field of pig behavior and well-being. Establishes and maintains relationships with key industry influencers and customers and communicate the value proposition.
· Working with the European enabling functions (Health Assurance, Supply Chain and Genetic Services) and Commercial Teams, anticipates business and regulatory issues to improve products, processes or services.
· Undertake benchmarking and develop novel phenotyping methods for behavioral analysis in commercial farms.
· Actively engage and support with the Global Technical and Product Development teams in customer support opportunities associated with animal behavior and well-being.
· As part of the Global PIC Technical and Product Development Team make significant contributions in developing science, tools and resources that further leverage the collected data to help improve the profitability and efficiency of our customers.