New Zealand Companion Animal Council
The New Zealand Companion Animal Council (NZCAC) is an organisation with the core purpose “To continually advance the understanding, quality and adoption of responsible companion animal guardianship across New Zealand.”
We are looking for a dynamic person to work closely with the Board to implement our new strategic plan. As the senior staff appointment you will be responsible for:
- Supporting the overall purpose of the NZCAC (vision, mission and values);
- Developing and maintaining NZCAC’s outputs, ensuring they are founded on evidential research;
- Supporting the Executive Board with advocacy and lobbying of local and central government on behalf of companion animal welfare and urban animal management;
- Supporting the development of an excellent reputation both locally and nationally
- Overall management and administration of the Society’s operational objectives in delivering the Strategic Plan;
- Managing external relationships between the Society and its stakeholders;
- Working with the Executive Board to fulfil its governance role in relation to strategy and accountability.
- Protecting and growing existing revenue (NZ Companion Animal Register) and developing business cases for innovative new revenue opportunities
- Managing staff and contractors.
You will have an opportunity make a difference in the facilitation of a harmonious relationship between companion animals, people and the environment. This role will suit a suitability qualified science or management graduate with a proven track record in growing organisations.
If you can combine your business skills with experience in applied research or animal welfare then we would definitely like to hear from you.
For a copy of the position description please contact
As this is a work from home role, we are flexible about the location of any candidate.
Closing date for applications is 24th of May 2019. Please send your CV and a covering letter to by the close of business on the 24th of May 2019.