Full Professor and Chair of the Animal Production Systems Group
Animal Production Systems
Wageningen University & Research, The Netherlands
As head of the APS group, you will lead a vibrant team of researchers and lecturers. You will support our group's research ambitions by further strengthening its position in national and international networks, by consolidating established research lines as well as developing new lines of research. You will actively contribute to the excellent reputation and position of WUR in higher education through your active role in our current education programmes and in the ongoing development of courses at Bachelor, Master and PhD level.
You will provide an encouraging working and learning environment for academics at different career stages. Strengthening the acquisition of external funding for research and recruiting the best new people at all levels are key elements of the chair holder’s responsibility. In addition to this, it is key to further improve the group’s successes in generating scientific and societal impact, and lead the group in the further development of an internationally competitive research profile in which you embed your own lines of research.
You are a scientist with broad interest and expertise that will strengthen and extend the future education and research of APS. Furthermore, you are known as an internationally recognised research leader in this field and have a broad international (and preferably multi-stakeholder) network focusing on system research and agri-food system sustainability.
- a PhD in (farming) agri-food systems research and sustainability and/or system analysis;
- experience with animal sciences and livestock production in particular;
- experience with computational and theoretical modelling;
- a passion for, and ample experience in, BSC, MSc and PhD education and in the supervision of students, PhDs and staff;
- a track record in project acquisition and coordination;
- experience in the effective and efficient management of a team of professionals and the ability to inspire and further build on a team in an atmosphere of open communication;
- an international network in academia and industry and experience with collaboration with these partners;
- skills and ambition to connect complementary subject areas to the APS group, within WUR and nationally and internationally;
- excellent writing, communication and presentation skills.