Coordinator - Animal Behavior and Welfare Management Programs
Global Animal Welfare and Training, Charles River
We are seeking a 3Rs-focused Coordinator of Behavioral Management Programs to join Global Animal Welfare and Training to help promote our mission of ensuring good welfare and humane care for all animals at Charles River. This position is responsible for assisting with development and overseeing management of behavioral management educational materials for research animals including (but not limited to) primates, dogs, pigs, rabbits, cats, and rodents. The following are the essential duties, responsibilities, and minimum requirements related to this position.
Position will sit remotely in North America.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with developing and designing certificate programs and course content related to behavior and welfare of research animals, as well as animal training techniques.
- Maintain certificate programs within online learning management system.
- Respond to and provide timely support for participants enrolled in certificate programs.
- Schedule quarterly species-specific behavioral management calls.
- Provide support for company-wide research animal behavior queries or issues, as needed.
- Maintain membership lists and Teams sites for species-specific behavior groups.
- Assist with developing content for quarterly animal behavioral management calls, including responsibilities for leading discussions and distributing materials.
- Assist with planning and development of content for Global Animal Welfare and Training Productions, including quarterly webinars, training shorts, 3min 3Rs, and newsletter items.
- Assist and support species-specific animal welfare working group activities.
- Actively participate in monthly behavior and welfare journal clubs.
- Assist with coordination, development of content, and presentation of information at internal workshops designed to promote the 3Rs.
- Other duties as assigned.