|ISAE by Region|| ||East Central Europe|
East Central Europe
Bulgaria - Croatia - Czech Republic - Hungary - Poland - Romania - Serbia - Slovak Republic - Slovenia
Welcome to the Home Page of the East and Central Europe Region of the International Society for Applied Ethology. From this page you can access information on past, present and future ISAE activities in your region, contact other local members and find information on applied animal behaviour issues relevant to your area. For information on the work of ISAE in applied behaviour and animal welfare across the world follow the link to the main ISAE
Contact your Regional Secretary at:
Department of Ethology
Institute of Animal Science
104 00 Prague Uhrineves
Pictures from the joint meeting of the East Central and West Central Europe Regions of the International Society for Applied Ethology held in Kostelec nad Černými lesy (Czech Republic) on June 1.-4. 2011.
Regional Activities and Meetings
Past regional meetings
- 2013 Skopje, Republic of Macedonia, October 8.-10. (abstracts)
Co-funded by AWARE (see website)
- 2011 Kostelec nad Černými Lesy, Czech Republic, June 1.-4. Organized by Martina Komárková and Michala Melišová from the Institute of Animal Science in a beautiful castle belonging to Czech University of Life Sciences, Prague. The main theme was "Maternal behaviour and survival of the offspring". Invited speakers were Inger Lise Andersen (Norwegian University of Life Sciences), Lena Lidfors (Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences) and David Réby (University of Sussex, UK). The book of abstracts and some pictures.
- 2009 Vienna, Austria, September 25.-26. The meeting was hosted by Christoph Winckler’s group at the University of Natural Resources and Applied Life Sciences in the historical building located near Tuerkenschanzpark in the 18th district of Vienna. The main theme of the meeting was "Current research in the East and West Central European region on animal behaviour and welfare". Invited speakers were Marta Gacsi (Eötvös Loránd University, Hungary), Marek Spinka (Institute of Animal Science, Czech Republic) and Jan Langbein (Research Institute for the Biology of Farm Animals, Germany). The book of abstracts.
- 2008 Bratislava, Slovakia, May 15.-17. Meeting organized by Boris Bilcik directly in the capital of Slovakia, in a picturesque district of Bratislava Kramáre. The main theme of the meeting was “New approaches in the study of animal behaviour and welfare” and invited speakers were Alain Boissy (INRA - Centre de Theix, France), Per Jensen (Linköping University, Sweden), Peter Kabai (Szent Istvan University, Hungary) and Michael C. Appleby (The World Society for the Protection of Animals, UK). The book of abstracts and some pictures.
- 2006 Celle, Germany, May 18.-20. Organized by Lars Schrader at the Institute for Animal Welfare and Animal Husbandry. The meeting wasdedicated to the topic “measuring individual characteristics in animals”. Invited speakers were Hans Erhard (Macaulay Institute, UK),Hanno Würbel (Justus Liebig University, Germany) and Björn Forkman (Roy Vet Agricult Univ, Denmark). The book of abstracts and some pictures.
- 2004 Tihany, Hungary, May 20.-22. Meeting organized by Adam Miklosi at Balaton lake. Invited speakers were Vilmos Altbäcker (Eötvös University, Hungary), Andrew M. Janczak (Agricultural University of Norway, Norway) and Susanne Waiblinger (University of Veterinary Medicine, Austria). The book of abstracts and some pictures.
- 2002 Prague, Czech Republic, April 18.-20. Succesful meeting organized by Marek Spinka. Invited speakers were Lars Schrader (ETH Zurich, Switzerland), Ádám Miklósi (Eotvos University Budapest, Hungary) and Dan Weary (UBC Vancouver, Canada). The meeting focused on the behaviour of cattle, pigs, poultry, dogs, and fur animals. The book of abstracts.
- 1995 Stará Lesná, Slovakia, May 5th. Very first East Central Europe ISAE regional meeting. It was organized by Ľubor Košťál as a satellite meeting of annual conference of Czech and Slovak Ethological Society. Invited speakers were Michael C. Appleby (University of Edinburgh, U.K.), John C. Savory (Roslin Institute, U.K.), Eberhard von Borell (University of Halle, Germany). The book of abstracts.
Related Research and Education
In the list below, please click on institutions in order to find more information.